May 27, 2012

The Good Stuff.


It's no secret that I'm a fan of Avalanche cheeses.  
Most notably the pillowy fluff of their fresh Chevre.  Since I'm pining for the return of The Guy (he's doing business type things out of state) I decided to cope by buying myself some fancy-type cheese.  But what's a lady to do when a plain log of Chev isn't enough?  Naturally she scrounges in her refrigerator (in the back and slightly above the crisper) and produces magic. 
That's what.
To elaborate this Chevre is rolled in paprika and chopped fire roasted tomatoes w/olive oil, garlic, and herbs.  A tiny salad of spicy/bitter greens adds a zing of contrast.  Of course my security blanket of a cheese platform, cracked pepper water crackers, balances it all out.  
I do suspect 7 out of 10 times I take cheese anywhere, that cracker comes with me.  
This time it had the pleasure of delivering that fine, fine Chev concoction to my face.  
Which, naturally, soothed my pining.  
Still, a log of cheese is a poor substitute for a Fiance.