November 06, 2012

A Letter from the Author: Milestones

    You guys.  I have big news.  The Board and Wire Blog is turning one year old.  Seriously.  I can hardly believe it myself!
    Here's to one whole year of fits and starts.  One year of learning what the heck all (or two of) those buttons do on my Fiance's camera.  One year of finding some semblance of style, then scrapping it and starting over.  Here's to being the crazy neighbor on her balcony in the evenings shooting frame after frame of inanimate food just to catch the "right light".  And becoming better at it.  Here's to one year of successful documentation of one of my life's greatest passions.
    To celebrate that milestone I have taken what I feel to be a next step in my journey with T.B.A.W.  I have purchased my first set of business cards.  Whoa.  This is starting to feel legit.
    Thank you, dear readers, for sticking it out through the shaky first posts, a long absence, and ultimately to where we are now.  It only gets better from here.

Best,
Ash

P.S. I could not have come so far in my photography endeavors without the help and guidance of my Dear Fiancee, Ian.  Thank you, love, for pushing me, helping me, and unflinchingly reading my T.B.A.W efforts through good and bad.  You are my favorite.






I promise more cheese and less Oscars speech next time.  Thanks for hanging in there!